To our Tate & Lyle in the Community Volunteers and Charitable Partners.
As our colleagues around the world look to celebrate traditional holiday gatherings with family and friends, we are also pausing to say a huge ‘Thank you’ to all our Tate & Lyle in the Community volunteers and our community partners who join us in living our purpose of Improving Lives for Generations - especially in a year of continued challenges.
We value your commitment, passion, service, and leadership! Therefore, in thanks and celebration of you – we share ten reasons why we are grateful in 2021.
1. We are thankful for a truckload of toilet paper. Yes, toilet paper – and customer and community partners who helped us make it happen!
2. We are thankful for the chance to be active for a good cause! We walked, ran, and moved in support of community partners at home, work and in our communities – a win, win which encourages us to be more balanced!
3. We are thankful for colleagues who roll up their sleeves. Our facilities often host blood drives to support local blood supply – a critical area of need at all times of year.
4. We are thankful for our focus on safety and safe places across communities we call home. Across these months of insecurity, we appreciate our partners who work to ensure families in need have safe places to rest, recover and grow stronger.
5. We are thankful for expert partners who target our donations and service in ways that make the most impact. We are continually impressed by our partners and volunteers who can stretch our donations and volunteer actions to make the biggest positive difference.
6. We are thankful for teachers, mentors, and students of all ages. While we may lead classroom sessions through grant and mentorship programmes, we often learn just us much from the experience and our local teachers and mentees!
7. We are thankful for sunshine, sustainable gardens, and helping hands. We dug deep this year – even if a few of us needed more sunblock – joining students and partners across our community to help us grow food and community connection.
8. We are thankful for nutritious food, kitchens, and meals on the go. We learned to cook nutritious meals for those in need; provided kitchen equipment for schools to prepare healthy meals, and ensured meals are accessible to all and delivered with care across our programmes through mobile trucks, drive up pantries and school backpack programmes.
9. We are thankful for the chance to learn together. We thank our teams and partners for sharing conversations that advance and support equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging across our business and out in our communities.
10. And, of course, we are thankful for authentic moments of warmth, kindness, and generosity. We appreciate the smallest, most personal gifts – a friendly smile, welcoming wave, and the ability to stay connected with our communities, colleagues, and partners even when we cannot be there together.
Tate & Lyle in the Community