(March 23rd, 2011 Shanghai) Tate & Lyle, a world-leading provider of innovative ingredients and solutions, showcased a selection of its applications for the food and beverage industry at FIC 2011 (Food Ingredients China) in Shanghai on 23 March 2011.
With the rapid development of China’s economy, higher disposable income is driving an evolution in consumption habits. Consumers’ increased focus on variety, quality and nutrition are in turn driving the growth of the food industry in China. With a hundred year heritage in food, Tate & Lyle has an evolving portfolio of ingredients and the formulation expertise to help food and beverage manufacturers innovate their brands and develop new products that gain wide consumer appeal.
Included in the ingredients/systems showcase:
- Calorie-free SPLENDA® Sucralose which tastes like sugar. Due to its exceptional stability, SPLENDA® Sucralose is suited to a wide variety of food manufacturing processes, and remains stable in sweetness throughout the product shelf-life. Tate & Lyle is the world’s first and largest manufacturer of sucralose.
- Functional starch products, offering versatility in texture and function which consumers desire. Tate & Lyle is a world leading provider of speciality food starches.
- STA-LITE® Polydextrose, a low calorie bulking agent and fibre with prebiotic properties.
- PROMITOR™ dietary fibres with excellent stability which may be suitable for natural products. These can help manufacturers add health benefits and texture to products positioned for wellness.
- HAMULSION® Food Stabiliser Systems, highly functional combinations of hydrocolloids that provide texture and stability to food products.
“We constantly conduct consumer studies to gauge insight into consumer needs for different food categories. These insights serve as our basis for developing product concepts. We highly value our customers’ feedback as their input perfects our knowledge and expertise in applications,” said S.K. Hui, Asia Pacific Marketing Director of Tate & Lyle, “It is our pleasure to work in partnership with our customers and to contribute to their next milestone of success with our ingredients and knowledge.”
During FIC, visitors to Booth 1H73 were able to taste a series of Dairy, Bakery and Beverage prototypes that demonstrated how Tate & Lyle can help design products with a more balanced or enhanced nutrition profile, or interesting new textures – with no compromise on taste.
Tate & Lyle also held a seminar themed around the current trends and developments in the dairy industry. Experts from Tate & Lyle shared their views on development trends of the Chinese dairy industry and factors affecting consumers’ preference of dairy products.
Since 2007, Tate & Lyle has a direct presence in China, and has made remarkable progress in establishing its sales and technical service network across China.