DECATUR, Ill. (June 2, 2011) – At the IFT Annual Meeting and Food Expo, Tate & Lyle will showcase its Bayou-inspired, consumer-appealing food and beverage solutions. The Expo takes place June 11-14 in New Orleans, LA.
At this year’s New Orleans-based meeting and expo, Tate & Lyle is transforming traditional Southern-style snacks, desserts and beverages into healthier options that feature boosts in fiber and reductions in sugar and calories, all while maintaining the great taste and texture that consumers expect. The company will demonstrate how processors can achieve this while saving manufacturing costs.
“We have a keen understanding of what U.S. consumers desire and we know that healthy, indulgent products top their lists,” said Jim Miller, Vice President, Sales, Tate & Lyle. “That’s why we re-invented a range of snacks, desserts and beverages to illustrate how the most indulgent products can deliver significant reductions in sugars and calories and continue to taste great.”
While consumer preferences constantly evolve, one remains the same: they want healthy foods and beverages that deliver the same mouthfeel and taste as full calorie products. Tate & Lyle re-created seven of U.S. consumers’ favorite products to meet consumers’ needs.
- Orange Smoothie – A guilt-free smoothie that features PUREFRUIT™ Plus, an natural, zero-calorie high potency sweetener system for a No Sugar Added delicious treat
- Chewy Fruit and Nut Bar – Made with all-natural ingredients including fruits, nuts and PUREFRUIT™ Plus Sweetening system, this bar delivers a 25 percent reduction in sugars while providing an excellent source of fiber
- Guava Tea Lemonade – A Southern favorite, this refreshing tea lemonade features SPLENDA® Sucralose, a leading zero-calorie sweetener, to deliver a high level of sweetness and a great taste
- Key Lime Cheesecake Parfait – A unique combination of stabilizer systems and modified food starches were blended with KRYSTAR™ Crystalline Fructose to deliver a creamy, silky texture
- Banana Bread – This bread features a good source of fiber, a 41 percent reduction in total sugar compared to banana bread sweetened with sucrose alone thanks to a custom blend of PROMITOR™ Soluble Corn Fiber 85, PUREFRUIT™ Plus Natural Sweetener System and KRYSTAR™ Crystalline Fructose
- Sugar-free Strawberry Passion Fruit Sparkling Water – A refreshing sparking water made with all natural ingredients include Tate & Lyle’s PUREFRUIT™ Plus Natural Sweetener System delivers a well-rounded sweetness profile with zero calories
- Sugar-Free Yuzu-flavored Sparkling Water – Made with all natural ingredients, this sparkling water is sugar free and delivers a well-rounded sweetness with zero calories
To schedule a time to speak with a Tate & Lyle expert about these innovation solutions, please contact Pashen Black at 217-358-6518 or [email protected]
SPLENDA® is a trademark of McNeil Nutritionals, LLC