Tate & Lyle is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the symbol TATE.L. In the United States, American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) trade on the NASD (OTC) under TATYY (each ADR represents four ordinary shares).
Below you can see some of the key financial results for the year ended 31 March 2016. All figures relate to continuing operations. 2015 figures are shown in brackets.
- Sales totalled £2.355 billion (£2.341 billion)
- Adjusted profit before tax1 excluding exceptional items, amortisation of acquired intangible assets, net retirement benefit interest prepared on a proportionately consolidated basis was £193 million (£184 million)
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share1 excluding exceptional items, amortisation of acquired intangible assets, net retirement benefit interest and the tax effect of these items were 37.7p (55.7p)
- Return on capital employed1 was 11.3% (12.2%)
- Net debt was £504 million (£353 million)
- Interest cover was 10.7 times (10.7 times)2
- Gearing was 42% (59%)
- Total dividend per share is 28.0p (28.p)
(1) For continuing operations. Prior year also restated equity accounting for joint ventures
(2) Under proportionate consolidation basis as calculated for bank covenants
We hope you’ll be inspired to join our global community of passionate experts – people who are changing the world in all kinds of ways every day