Tate & Lyle is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the symbol TATE.L. In the United States, American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) trade on the NASD (OTC) under TATYY (each ADR represents four ordinary shares).
Below you can see some of the key financial results for the year ended 31 March 2012 (IFRS). All figures relate to continuing operations. 2011 figures are shown in brackets.
- Sales totalled £3.088 billion (£2.720 billion)
- Adjusted profit before tax, exceptional items and amortisation was £323 million (£263 million)
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share before exceptional items and amortisation were up 23% at 56.4p (45.7p)
- Return on capital employed was 21.6% (20.6%)
- Net debt increased by £12 million to £476 million (£464 million)
- Interest cover was 11.1 times (6.9 times)
- Gearing was 45% (48%)
- Total dividend per share is 24.9p (23.7p)
At Tate & Lyle we believe recruiting, developing and retaining the right people is key to success. Find out about careers with us.