Tate & Lyle is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the symbol TATE.L. In the United States, American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) trade on the NASD (OTC) under TATYY (each ADR represents four ordinary shares).
Below you can see some of the key financial results for the year ended 31 March 2014. All figures relate to continuing operations. 2013 figures are shown in brackets and are restated for the adoption of IAS 19.
- Sales totalled £3.147 billion (£3.256 billion)
- Adjusted profit before tax excluding exceptional items, amortisation of acquired intangible assets and net retirement benefit interest was £322 million (£327 million)
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share excluding exceptional items, amortisation of acquired intangible assets, net retirement benefit interest and the tax effect of these items were 55.7p (56.6p)
- Return on capital employed was 19.2% (19.7%)
- Net debt was £353 million (£479 million)
- Interest cover was 11.6 times (11.1 times)
- Gearing was 34% (46%)
- Total dividend per share is 27.6p (26.2p)
At Tate & Lyle we believe recruiting, developing and retaining the right people is key to success. Find out about careers with us.