Tate & Lyle is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the symbol TATE.L. In the United States, American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) trade on the NASD (OTC) under TATYY (each ADR represents four ordinary shares).
Below you can see some of the key financial results for the year ended 31 March 2013 (IFRS). All figures relate to continuing operations. 2012 figures are shown in brackets.
- Sales totalled £3.256 billion (£3.088 billion)
- Adjusted profit before tax, exceptional items, amortisation of acquired intangible assets and post-retirement benefit interest was £329 million (£318 million)
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share before exceptional items, amortisation of acquired intangible assets and post-retirement benefit interest were up 4% at 57.0p (54.7p)
- Return on capital employed was 19.8% (21.6%)
- Net debt increased by £3 million to £479 million (£476 million)
- Interest cover was 11.1 times (11.1 times)
- Gearing was 46% (45%)
- Total dividend per share is 26.2p (24.9p), up 5.2%
At Tate & Lyle we believe recruiting, developing and retaining the right people is key to success. Find out about careers with us.