Tate & Lyle is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the symbol TATE.L. In the United States, American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) trade on the NASD (OTC) under TATYY (each ADR represents four ordinary shares).
Below you can see some of the key financial results for the year ended 31 March 2015. All figures relate to continuing operations. 2014 figures are shown in brackets.
- Adjsuted sales totalled £2.694 billion (£3.147 billion)
- Adjusted profit before tax excluding exceptional items, amortisation of acquired intangible assets, net retirement benefit interest prepared on a proportionately consolidated basis was £224 million (£322 million)
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share excluding exceptional items, amortisation of acquired intangible assets, net retirement benefit interest and the tax effect of these items were 37.7p (55.7p)
- Return on capital employed was 13.9% (19.2%)
- Net debt was £504 million (£353 million)
- Interest cover was 10.7 times (11.6 times)
- Gearing was 54% (34%)
- Total dividend per share is 28.0p (27.6p)
We hope you’ll be inspired to join our global community of passionate experts – people who are changing the world in all kinds of ways every day